Grace and Peace. We had a great annual conference session and I want to thank all of the members, volunteers and staff for making this an inspirational and engaging conference session.
Here are a couple of firsts for us
- More than 1500 people registered and another 200 visitors attended the conference.
- Our offering during Opening Worship for our Mission Fund Campaign was $133,751.
- We finished an hour early.
There were good experiences to build on as we continue to grow passionate Christ-like disciples who are stirring up faith, hope and justice in the community. The following are seven signs of God’s fruitfulness in our midst as shared at annual conference:
- One hundred (100) new congregations met the criteria for vitality for a total of more than 180 vital congregations or an increase from 14% to 31% – we are on track to reach our goal of 41%
- Thirty-six percent (36%) of our congregations grew in 2013, a 6% increase and an important step toward our goal of 51% of our congregations growing
- Nearly 1000 new young adults joined in small groups- more of our congregations are connecting with young people
- Fourteen thousand-five hundred (14,500) disciples engaged in hands-on mission projects in their communities and around the world – this is 31% of our worshipers as we strive toward our goal of 40% of our worshipers engaged in mission
- Our Mission Fund Campaign has raised $4.2 million to help end deaths by malaria and rebuild homes devastated by Superstorm Sandy
- More than 100,000 meals packed through Stop Hunger Now in the last 10 months
- Forty-two (42) houses repaired and 90 in progress using 6,100 volunteers (800 of which are young people) through A Future of Hope Ministry
The following are three things you are welcome to share with your congregation by email, on your web page and on Sunday morning. You are also welcome to forward this email to others.
- The annual conference video wrap up – a two minute video that captures the spirit of annual conference.
Click here to view
- The annual conference two page wrap up that you can share with others
Click here to view
- The results of the evaluation. We had 454 people participate in the evaluation.
Click here to download and view
Keep the faith!
John Schol, Bishop
The United Methodist Church
Greater New Jersey